Chimiothérapie et neuropathie

Bonsoir Vic,
Je n’ai pas eu de chimio mais que de la radiothérapie et j’ai mal de partout! Même couchée au bassin !
Les poignées,les doigts. …!
Je pense que nous sommes nombreux à ressentir celà! Plus ou moins fort mais quand même !
Courage

Turning the tables

Mike Dempsey, 39, a part of the United States Paralympic team, Is currently training for the 1996 games in Atlanta, where he’ll compete in table tennis. Dempsey, who has partial paraplegia, began his Paralympic career in 1972. He won a gold medal at the 1988 Paralympics along with a silver medal in the 1992 games. In 199S, Dempsey was inducted into the National Wheelchair Athletic Association Hall of Fame. At PingpongStart you can find out the best ping pong table Read more.

Dempsey is one of the owners of Kuschall of America, a Wheelchair. He resides in Camarillo, California, with his wife of five years, Shannon, two golden retrievers and three cats. If not working or training, Dempsey loves doing"anything to do with the outdoors," especially swimming and boating. The following was adapted from a meeting between Dempsey and EXCEPTIONAL PARENT intern Tiffani C. Willis.

I was born in 1956, in Columbus, Ohio. When I was six months Old, doctors discovered a skin tumor on my back. They gave me an injection to prevent its expansion. On the other hand, the roots of the tumor had wrapped around my spinal cord. Even though the tumor did not sever my spinal cord thoroughly, it resulted in partial paraplegia. I really do have some motion in my thighs.

Kids can be creative

When I was a child, most children with disabilities attended Special schools. I was blessed to be mainstreamed by the very beginning. I believe main-streaming is not only good for the child with a handicap, it is also good for the other kids, who will learn how to take care of kids who have gaps. I’ve found that when someone is shy about a individual who has a disability, it is usually because they have never met a person with a handicap before and do not understand how to react.

Of course, my school had two bullies. However, You don’t need To get a handicap to experience teasing: those types of kids are not too preoccupied. For the most part, however, my instructors and the other children were supportive in trying to find out ways for me to be included. I have involved in as many activities as you can. I played touch football; I had a good arm so I was the quarterback. I also played baseball. I pitched or hit and let somebody else run the bases. Children can be pretty creative.

Spirit of competition

I’ve always been pretty competitive. Some of that probably comes From having to try and make my location inside a regular class–that, and having to hold my own with five older sisters. That aggressive spirit carried over into sports.

I began playing table tennis during recess at school Once I was 12. I won the school’s table tennistournament Some of those children I’d defeated at the finals whined that I’d broken the rules since I touched the table; this was because of the way I sat in my seat and hauled onto the table during a match. I realized that I needed to find out the best way to play this game in a wheelchair.

Several years before, my mother had cut a paper article on John Gray, the federal wheelchair table tennis winner. John, who had paraplegia as the consequence of a car collision, dwelt in my town. So my mother and I phoned him and asked if he can give me some pointers. He asked me to meet him at the local table tennis club, and that was the beginning of my athletic career.

John took me under his wing, becoming my trainer and my clinic partner. John was one of the first adults with a handicap I had ever met. Before this time, I had not really been about other individuals with disabilities, except possibly at offices, therapists.

John’s handicap was similar to my own, and seeing what he Could do opened up possibilities I had not actually thought about before, such as driving–not that I was quite ready to drive at 12! I learned a lot from John and, later, other athletes in chairs as I noticed that the techniques they had developed for dealing with life’s challenges. If you want to find more information about ping pong table, please check out our blog: https://medium.com/@pingpongstart/best-ping-pong-tables-in-the-world-how-to-make-the-right-choice-5d49d274d1a9.

Competition

At the Paralympics, I compete in wheelchair events against other People in seats. I went to my first Paralympics in 1972, when I was 15 years old. I believe I was the youngest wheelchair athlete to win a national championship, which was at age 13.

In my first Paralympics, I competed in singles, which makes it to the finals before losing. I was happy just to be competing, and that I think my powerful performance surprised everybody, including me.

I also compete against people without disabilities. In fact, Most of my play for a junior was in tournaments for"stand-up players" I had been ranked among the top 10 juniors in the country.

From a competitive perspective, I Wish to beat the guy on the Other side of table if he is sitting down, standing up or standing on his mind. The only thing that matters is hitting the ball when it lands on my side of this table. If anything, the competition can be harder for your able-bodied player, particularly if he is playing me for the first time. On occasion a stand-up participant will presume that my disability makes me easier to conquer. That notion is quickly dispelled!

From athletics to company

From the early 1980s, Rainer Kuschall, a friend of mine from Switzerland who was also involved in wheelchair sports, started designing and producing wheelchairs for both game related activities and regular use. In 1985, another friend, Rod Williams, and I started a business we predicted Kuschall of America, to import and sell Kuschall’s products in the United States.

This Specific company was a natural one for me due to my Long involvement in wheelchair sports. The beginning of my sport career coincided with the launch of a period of accelerated change and improvement in wheelchair technology. This revolution in seat design was inspired in large part by wheelchair athletes who were demanding gear that could do better and better competitively. The technology that evolved was shortly transferred from sports chairs to everyday chairs.

My position in Kuschall also gives me opportunities for Community service. For instance, Kuschall has sponsored distinct sporting events around the nation. I also get the chance to meet young wheelchair athletes and also perform a little coaching.

Life lessons

Sports has taught me lessons that have carried over to my everyday life. I have learned that nothing comes easily, if I need something, I have to work for it I have also learned to look at reductions in a constructive manner. Sports has instructed me that there are always going to be setbacks along with the wins. The goal must be to learn from the setbacks, take time out to enjoy the wins and to be prepared to come back and do it all over again.

This mindset is valuable in any facet of life, and in any Action. A child may find that their talents are in the arts, for example. Parents can encourage their children by trying to identify things their Child does well, then encouraging those talents as much as possible. I Thank my mom for her constant support and for allowing me the opportunity to try.
==> Read more.